Saturday, January 18, 2014

A writer, an artist and a duck walk into a coffee shop . . .

and get a whole heck of a lot of work done.


I found Diego Velazquez in my stocking on Christmas morning.  Not sure why, but he and my daemon duck Z42 have become fast friends and live in my briefcase.  

Today the three of us are at Mama's Coffee House refueling at the half way point to my annual Writer's Retreat.  The family is gone and I have the house to myself.  Well, myself, a dog, three cats, a hedgehog, a guinnea pig and a hermit crab.  

I have some serious goals for this weekend.  There is a middle grade WIP that is crying out to be finished.  I will be a happy happy woman if I can make it to the turning point by tonight or tomorrow morning.  

That's why I'm playing with Diego and the duck.  Just because I have serious goals and have my nose to the grindstone doesn't mean I have to take myself too seriously.  

The retreat lasts until 3 p.m. Monday.

Wish me luck. 
 
 


No comments: