Never before have I been so ready for summer. Usually I am hiding in a coffee shop frantically trying to write just one more chapter before the kids get out of school.
This year the kids have truly earned a break. Also, they are 9 and 11. So its time to toss up the Mommy Manifesto a bit. I let the 9 year old write the rules for the summer.
2. 1 field trip per week (or more).
3. Play with the dog.
4. From 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Mom must right. Kids are in charge of lunch, not arguing, having screen time and making Mom right.
5. Read 20-50 pages of a chapter book every day.
6. Go to the library every week.
7. Friday night tacos and board games.
8. No fencing in the house or biting.
9. Week days kids can stay up but have to be in their rooms by 9:00 p.m.
10. We can rewatch movies.
11. Hikes at the Greenway once a week or more.
This could be a very interesting summer!