Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm Back


It's official.  I'm back.  

It has taken me almost a month to get over a silly little appendectomy.  This is the last cat picture I'm posting fro a while.   


Yesterday was the first day that I've been able to do my quirky little routine and enjoy every minute of it. 

My life is laid out in errand loops.  To describe it almost sounds like a Laura Numeroff book. 

If I teach Science Time on Tuesday, I drive right by Home Depot.

If I drive by Home Depot, I'm going to want to check the cull bin.

If I check the cull bin, I'm going to find goodies.  Today I found 3
pieces of peg board, and fifteen feet of 2'x6' lumber for a whopping total of $3.  

If I plan to bring home more lumber, I'm going to need to clean the house and garage.  I do so try to bring more stuff out of the house than I bring in.

If I clean the house and garage, I'm going to need a trip to the recycling center. 

If I go to the recycling center, I'm going to have to look in the paint shed. 

If I look in the paint shed, I'm going to find treasures.  

Today's treasures include a Simple Human kitchen trash can that is larger and cleaner than the one in my house, an almost full quart of clear polyurethane, plus two giant bags full of pristine craft paints, paint brushes and stencil materials.  SCORE!!!!

The Tuesday Science Time kids got a kick out of Butterfly and Caterpillar Self Defense 101.    

A quick cup of tea got me through dinner and soccer practice with enough juice left over to prep for today's writing session.  It's good to be back.  Titus isn't the only one who likes a bit of routine.

No comments: