Monday, March 5, 2012

Sunday Special

Sunday is the longest day!  No power tools until noon.  Sigh.

The coffee starts flowing at 7 a.m.  The ideas start going at 8 a.m.  

Yesterday the weather was extra nice and the coffee was extra strong.  I made cafe con leche.  We are in the middle of a total backyard redo so I took my coffee outside to do some planning.

The wood pile no longer looked happy and rustic with 2/3 of the logs gone.  The cafe con leche said I needed to build a proper, slightly whimsical wood crib and I needed to build it now!  

 Luckily, last weeks treasures from the Home Depot cull bin were more or less all the same length.  So the design of this project was dictated by the materials.  I didn't have to use the chop saw until 11 a.m.

Yes, I broke the rule but not before I heard two leaf blowers and an edger running in the neighborhood.  

The kids had fun paintingt and the color (from the recycling center, of course) really makes the structure melt into the background.

The roof used up a lot of those pesky scraps that are too good to throw away but too short to be useful.  My garage is just a bit cleaner after this project.

The wood crib is near the tree with the bottle opener, so it seems only fitting to shingle it with the empty Guinnes and Crispin cans.  Anyone want to come over and help me make some shingles?  

1 comment:

Wardart said...

I missed a couple of blogs. I need to find time to come help shingle the roof of your wood bin. It is the least I can do to help out.